Sample Restaurant Menus
Enjoy choosing from this range of dishes awarded 2 AA rosettes carefully prepared for you by a dedicated team using only the freshest ingredients.
If your room-rate includes dinner, a three-course meal of starter, main-course and pudding or cheese is yours to select.
Any side dishes or tea and coffee are not included in the dinner rate and will be charged as taken.
Dishes marked (v) have been selected as being suitable for those on a vegetarian diet. Other diets can be catered for on request.
There is a minimum charge of £12.95
All prices include value-added-tax at the current rate.
Please refrain from using mobile phones in the restaurant, thank you.
Canapes are available at £4.95pp
Each dish has been matched with a wine which will complement it,
and all are available by the 250ml glass.
- Amuse Bouche £4.95
Rose of Melon (v) £10.95
Compressed fruits, ginger syrup, pimms syrup and coconut foam
Bin no. 15 Domaine St-Remy Vieilles Vignes Riesling £12.00
Smoked Salmon & Local Goats Cheese £12.95
Rolled Smoked Salmon and Goats chesse, beetroot salad, radish, orange gel
Bin no. 6 Prosecco ca Vittoria £5.50 (125ml)
Seared Fillet of Mackerel £12.50
Celeriac and grain mustard slaw, red pepper dressing and basil oil
Bin no. 12 Sea Mountain Sauvignon Blanc £7.00
Slow-Cooked Cumbrian Pork Belly £12.75
Sweet pickled apple, apple & mint puree, apple crisp
Bin no. 37 Domaine de Pech Quisou £8.50
- Rump of Westmorland Lamb £25.50
Potato and lamb shoulder pressing, green beans, salsify and port sauce
Bin no. 49 Si No Malbec £10.50
Supreme of Solway Salmon £25.50
Olive crushed potato, roasted mediteranean vegetables, chamapgne cream sauce
Bin no. 24 Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay £10.50
Breast of Lancashire Chicken £26.25
Fondant potato, braised vegetables, red onion marmelade, cider sauuce
Bin no. 24 Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay £10.50
Fillet of Atlantic Cod £24.00
Topped with soft herb crust, Shellfish Chowder, Chorizo oil,
Bin no. 32 Paparuda Pinot Noir £7.00
Char-Grilled Sirloin of Lakeland Beef £27.95
Local beef accompanied with dauphinoise potatoes, braised field mushroom, roast cherry tomatoes
toppedwith Cafe de Paris butter. Add either a Peppercorn sauce or a Diane sauce for £2.95 supplement.
Bin no. 49 49 Malbec Si'no Mendoza £10.50 or
Bin no. 34 Oltre Passo Primitivo £7.50
Your Choice of Side Orders
- Selection of Potatoes and Vegetables £5.95
- Hand-Cut Chips £4.50
- Crispy Fried Onion Rings £3.95 (GF)
- New Potatoes £4.50
- Selection of Vegetables £4.95
Your Choice of Puddings, Cheese & Savoury
- Selection of Desserts £8.50
(a range of freshly-prepared delicious sweets)
- The Cheese Trolley £9.50
(a daily-changing selection of superb local and farmhouse cheeses)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding £8.50
(as rich as you'd expect, served hot with cream or ice-cream)
- Dairy Ice-Cream £6.95
(a variety of flavour's served on meringue discs and fruit coulis)
- Selection of Refreshing Sorbets £6.95
(a variety of flavour's to clean the palate)
Your Choice of Coffee & Tea
Natural or Decaffeinated Coffee £3.50
(with hot or cold milk, or cream, and petit fours)
Freshly-Brewed Tea £3.50
(English Breakfast, Earl Grey or Herbal, with petit fours)
The Lounge Menu is served daily from 10am until 7pm and includes a selection of hot beverages, freshly made soup, crisp salads, sandwiches, afternoon tea and sweets.
Vegetarian Restaurant Menu
Cauliflower Cheese Tastings £10.50Cauliflower puree, deep-fried bon bon, roasted cauliflower and curry foam
Chick Pea & Spinach Fritter (vegan) £10.95Butternut squash puree and watercress salad
Beetroot & Goats Cheese Tart £10.75
Summer Leaf salad and balsamic dressing
- Forest Mushroom Roly Poly £19.50
Rich roast root vegetables, cabbage ball and peppercorn cream.
- Caramelised Red onion Bread & Butter Pudding £18.95
Daupinoise potato, green beans, salsify and diane sauce
- Crispy Polenta Fritter £19.50
North African-style vegetable casserole, buttered spinach and tomato sauce
We also cater for vegans, coeliacs (gluten free diets) and other special diets by request. Please mention your special diet on booking.
- Served with crispy croutons, bread & butter
- Todays home made soup £2.95
- Fresh Tomato soup £2.95
Freshly Made Sandwiches
- Two slices of wholemeal or white bread filled with either:
- Marmite, tomato, golden syrup, Jam £1.75
- Mashed Banana, cheddar cheese, ham, tuna £2.50
- A slice of whole meal or white bread generously topped with scrambled egg, baked beans or ham & cheese £2.95
Hot Jacket Potatoes
- Large baked potato filled with:
- Butter £2.95
- Baked beans, Cheddar cheese £3.50
- Tuna mayonnaise, home cooked ham £3.95
When You Are Really Hungry ...
- Home made white fish fingers £4.50
- Bangers (real Cumberland sausage) and mash £4.95
- Roast Cumbrian beef, Yorkshire pudding and gravy £5.25
- Home -made real chicken strips £4.75
- Baked beef lasagne with cheese sauce and salad garnish £4.95
- All served with either fries, jacket potato, peas, baked beans, fresh salad or vegetables.
Pizza & Pasta
- Pasta shapes with tomato and basil sauce or bolognaise sauce £3.95
- Our own oven baked pizza dough with ham, pineapple, both or just cheese £4.50
To Round Off
- Strawberry, chocolate or vanilla ice-cream in a cone £1.95 in a dish £2.25
- Fresh Fruit - apple, banana or orange £1.50
- Home-made desserts large portion £5.95 Small £3.50
- Sticky Toffee Pudding & vanilla ice-cream Large £5.95 small £3.50
- Fruit juices £1.30
- Mineral Water £1.30
- Milk £0.95
- Fries, peas, baked beans, mash, salad or vegetables £1.50
We try to offer some healthy alternatives whilst being aware that children can be fussy about what they eat when they are away. So we have some favourites and fun items to ensure your children feel catered for. We know ourselves that if your children are not happy eating where you choose to stay it can take the edge off your holiday as well.
The children's menu is served in the restaurant from 5pm to 8pm, half portions of the the a la carte or daily changing menus are available at half price until 9pm.